With the joint effort of the Teledyne Hanson Research and Gattefossé company from France a webinar with the title: “Transcending Transdermal Delivery” will be presented on Tuesday, November 30, and Thursday, December 2, 2021. The webinar is free but registration is needed for the attendance at the 90-minute presentation.
Dermal drug delivery is very challenging, and numerous strategies have been developed to overcome the skin barrier. This webinar will demonstrate the importance of formulation on skin delivery, with a strong focus on solubilizers and permeation/ penetration enhancers. The use of Franz cells diffusion system to assess the formulations will be described with detailed information on the methods.
Topics of discussion:
- Skin barrier and strategies for enhancing drug permeation
- Role of excipients in solubilization, permeation, and skin penetration
- Franz cells diffusion apparatus
- Selecting appropriate membranes: synthetic, animal, or human
- Developing reliable and robust protocols for IVRT or IVPT
- Case studies with model drugs
- Dr. Ashvin Patel, Director of Analytical Research & Business Development, Teledyne Hanson
- Elise Dauphin-Chanard, Application Lab Manager, Gattefossé
- Bruna Lousada, European Sales & Marketing Manager, Teledyne Hanson