The automatic solid phase extraction (SPE) instrument manufactured by the Swedish Biotage company eliminates all the reproducibility problems, the ones doing SPE sample enrichment often face during the procedures carried out with vacuum. The RapidTrace+ applies positive pressure and accurately adjustable flow during the successive sample loading, washing and eluting steps. The samples in the test tubes can be placed in the 10-position sample holder of the instrument, and the standard size 1, 3 or 6 ml SPE cartridges may be placed in a rotating carousel.
For fraction collection also a place for 10 test tubes is available. From one sample more fractions can be collected, however, in such cases the initial sample size must be reduced. For the placement of the reagents and the solvents 8 separate lines, and for the collection of the waste 4 separate lines can be used. For a large number of samples 10 RapidTrace+ can be bound into a system, providing high throughput capacity. The setting of the operating parameters is provided by an easy-to-handle software which makes possible the use of the different methods with each sample.
- SPE columns: 1, 3 or 6 ml
- syringe pump load volume: 0.1-5.8 ml
- flow rate: 0.1 – 42 ml/min
- reagent/solvent: 8 inlet
- waste: 4 outlet
- dimensions: 10 x 55 x 60 cm (W x D x H), 14.5 kg
Sample holder and fraction collection rack types used with RapidTrace instruments:
- 10-place sample holder for 13×100 mm test tubes and 10-place fraction holder for 12×75 mm test tubes
- chilled rack 9-place sample holder for 13×100 mm test tubes and 9-place fraction holder for 12×75 mm test tubes
- 10-place sample and fraction holder for 13×100 mm test tubes
- 10-place sample and fraction holder for 16×100 mm test tubes
- 4 and 11 mm vial adapter kit for 12×75 mm fraction holder
- empty SPE columns for instrument cleaning operations